Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Block Scraped Monday 6/12, Piers Dug & Concreted 7/12


All the trades hooked in yesterday and today (I wasn't on-site yesterday). It was a much welcome relief when I received the phone call this morning from the site supervisor to advise that work had commenced. When I arrived on-site all the trades were completely friendly introducing themselves. The concrete company advised me that the slab will be poured, weather permitting on Thursday 9/12. I stayed for a little while during my lunch break and came back after work to check out the piering. It was covered in plastic sheeting anyway. Advised that 46 linear metres of piering was used. All piers at 900 mm to 1m in depth & anywhere from 300 to 400 mm wide. I have a full spec sheet of all the piers and their varying depths and widths. This sheet goes back to Allworth however this cost was fixed for us anyway. Note a pile of dirt to remove, a few neighbours have expressed an interest in taking some for fill on their land. Additional Note - piles of dirt are deceptive, they are bigger then they look !











No comments:

Post a Comment